Young Lawyers Contest
The main aim of the competition is to bring together new qualified lawyers from different European countries at a time when they are undergoing entry level training to enable them to share common values and to exchange new experiences and discuss new perspectives in areas of common interest. The project is co-funded by the Justice programme of the European Union 2014-2020 and will run in 2020 and 2021.
The Project aims to:
- – Promote a forum of discussion on European and International Law subjects.
- – Promote exchanges of experiences between the participants.
- – Obtain and spread interesting and useful theses on the chosen subject
- – Encourage the development of the critical thinking and communication skill
- – Promote and foster relationships among participants from across the European Bars represented in the competition
Vincent Berthier-De Bortoli
2018 Participant and part of winning team.
Registration is open now.
The contest is limited to 36 participants per contest and each participant is selected based on their application. The deadline for registration is 23 September 2019.
See the key dates here.
All candidates having participated in the Young Lawyers Contest will be granted a certificate of attendance mentioning the number of training hours. They will also benefit from a free membership of one year to the Friends of ERA Association which gives rise to a certain number of benefits.
The candidates of the two final winning teams will be awarded a voucher for an ERA conference of their choice organised before the end of 2021.
The Project beneficiaries are trainee and newly qualified lawyers from all Bars in Europe.
CCBE – Council of Bars and Law Societies of Europe
For any other information on the organisation of the contest, please contact:
Head of Section European Business Law
Assistant European Business Law